Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I can see clearly now.......


before
after

I can see!! Yes, after almost 8yrs of depending on glasses to assist my vision, I decided to get Lasik eye surgery. I had been contemplating this surgery for some time now. After researching a number of surgeons in the area I decided to go with Dr. Columbus. On Friday after work I went into the clinic and after a few laser shots to the eye I was walking out with clear sight. Well it wasn't that easy.. but close. I was actually looking forward to the surgery until I arrived and had to sign 30+ pages of paper work, roughly alleviating the Dr. from any responsibility. Yes I was aware that " having this surgery could result in irreparable damage to my eyes", I just didn't want to focus on it. So after completing my paper work I was escorted into surgery. After recieving a few numbing eye drops, I sat back in the chair, and a device similar to this was used to keep me from blinking. Talk about comfort! I think I want one for Christmas. A small incision made to the cornea, a few zaps of the laser and it was over. I have to administer eye drops 4x daily for about 5 days. The whole procedure only lasted about 10 mins!! It's been 4 days now...So far so good