Sunday, April 02, 2006

Trotter's for dinner


On the evening of my birthday Crystal and I dined at Charlie Trotters. A restaurant that I have wanted to go to for years. Unlike many of today's "celebrity chefs" , Trotter has not branched out to Vegas, New York, Orlando or other areas of the country. The meal was exquisite. We were treated to 9+ courses each expertly paired with wine. After our 4 hour meal we were treated to a tour of his kitchen and wine cellar where our guide/chef Giuseppe snapped the photo of us. Trotter's is truly a must for any epicurean. Upon our departure we were given a gift bag that contained two signed Trotter cookbooks, and an array food items, chocolates, sauces etc. It could have been because it was my birthday or maybe because Crystal had been inadvertently "sauced" with ice cream mix in the kitchen by one of the cooks. If you are headed out to Chicago make sure you make your reservations early. The wait to get in is about two months! I am now in a bit of trouble. How can I top this or even come close for Crystal's birthday in August?? I guess wendy's Drive thru and renting a movie may now be out as an option.